The globally renowned English National Ballet is inviting artists to get creative and design the visual identity for ‘My First Sleeping Beauty’, the first in a series of classic ballets for children. The selected artwork will be displayed at the world premiere of ‘My First Sleeping Beauty’ in April 2012 and on marketing and promotional materials in the United Kingdom.
Participants may submit one design in JPEG or PNG format but must retain their original artwork should they be chosen as the winner. Designs submitted must incorporate the following:
• Title ‘My First Sleeping Beauty’
• Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) with dark hair
• A strong reference to ballet
The selected artwork will be produced and featured on 500,000 marketing and promotional materials, press advertisements in the United Kingdom and theatre websites for the ‘My First’ tour.
The winner will receive $2000 and will earn global exposure by having their artwork featured on English National Ballet’s website, their social media platforms and on CultureCritic.co.uk. The winner will also have the opportunity to design the visual identity for future ballets in the ‘My First’ series.
The winner (and one guest) will be invited to the world premiere of ‘My First Sleeping Beauty’ at the London Peacock Theatre in April 2012 (travel and accommodation in London are the responsibility of the winner).
Three runners up (as selected by English National Ballet and Gerald Scarfe) in addition to the highest voted artist will receive:
• Global exposure by having their designs featured on English National Ballet’s website, their social media platforms and on CultureCritic.co.uk
• $300 each
• Two tickets each to the world premiere performance of ‘My First Sleeping Beauty’ in London in April 2012 (travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the runners up and the highest voted artist)
So yeah, draw the picture, you might win a prize.