Thursday 14 July 2011

Vania Zouravliov - Illustration - NSFW

I am well aware it has been over a month since my last post. My excuse is that I just got a new job, so I am spending all day concentrating on my own designing, which doesn't leave me a lot of time to blog. Oh noes.

But anyone who has been following Trendspiration for a long time will know that even if I take little breaks, I ALWAYS come back eventually and so today I have taken the opportunity to go back through all of my posts and organise them a bit.

I have a massive saved drafts folder full of work that people have sent me, which I will hopefully get around to publishing as some point.

This is a draft from way back in 2009, when I was really into tattoos and tattoo art (even though I don't have any myself) and I actually discovered the work of Russian born illustrator Vania Zouravliov in a book in a tattoo studio. I was absolutely amazed by the detail and the imagination of the subject matter.

Zouravliov was a child prodigy whose work was showing internationally by the age of 13, he became somewhat of a celebrity and even had a TV programme made about him.

He currently lives and work in the UK and his influences include: the Bible, Dante’s Divine Comedy, early Disney animation, Japan, Rococo, North American Indians and boobs apparently.

His work is beautifully layered with detail and symbolism he creates the kind of pieces that you really need to stare at for a long time to get a true grip on what the hell is actually going on.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Trendspiration - Fashion, Art, Design, Celebrity, Film, Photography, Illustraion, Animatio © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness